If you could ask for one thing to make your life better, what would it be? If your answer is anything but “God,” you are missing out on the greatest possible good.
Divine Eternity and the Challenge of Creation (James Dolezal)
When God created everything, did He “become” Creator and thereby change? Or was God always Creator even before things began to exist? This advanced theology lecture touches on God’s unchangeableness, His eternal nature, and how He interacts with His creation.
Highlights of the message:
- The inexplicable mystery of divine eternity
- How God’s immutability (God does not change) must be maintained in understanding His relation with creation and in order to begin to briefly grasp the concept of eternity
- The definition of time!!
- God’s relationship to time
- God is eternity and eternity is God (A’Brakel), eternity is not something God is “in”
Questions for Study
These questions are based on the information from this message and follow the order of the talk. Some of the questions may challenge you to think beyond what you hear and take what you learn a step further through application or bringing in knowledge you might already have.
- Why are the terms “old” or “young” not accurate terms to use in regards to God?
- What is the definition of time according to Dolezal?
- Why can’t definitions of time apply to God?
- Why can there be no change in an infinite God?
- Why does Dolezal believe that God creates “eternally”? What does he mean by this?
- How does the fact that God is Creator harmonize with His unchangeable nature? Is it something He becomes or always is?
- How should what you learn cause you to love God more and worship Him?
Unless otherwise indicated, Scripture quotations are from The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.Third-Party Content
4Elect does not necessarily endorse every idea or comment in a video or article or quote created by a third party author, minister, etc.. Additionally, if we post one piece of material by an author or speaker, it certainly does not mean we endorse all content ever produced, or words spoken by, that particular individual. We post third party content that we believe is overall spiritually beneficial to our readers. We screen all third party content for suitability.