4Elect is derived from Titus 1:1 – “for the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness.”
The Apostle Paul states in this verse that all knowledge that he conveys for the building up of the faith of his readers is also for the purpose of growing one in godliness. Thus, theology (the knowledge of God and His ways) and godliness (becoming like God in character) are inseparable. This is a core conviction from which we operate.
Additionally, 4Elect wishes to address the following concerns:
- The glory of God not understood, or pursued, as the end goal of all things.
- Loving God is not properly emphasized, let alone set as the primary Christian ethic
- Shallow Christianity that isn’t well grounded in great theological truths and thus vulnerable to all kinds of destructive error.
- Fear that many Christians believe deep theology “doesn’t matter” or “isn’t practical.”
- Christians who tragically chase happiness outside the person and will of God
Our Christian Worldview
The Meaning of Life
- God is the greatest good. There is no higher good that exists
- God desires to make the manifold goodness of His being known through all things. This is His ultimate purpose – to glorify Himself (make Himself known).
- Man’s ultimate purpose is the same – to glorify God in all things.
- Man can only do this through a relationship with God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Man can only find real happiness as he seeks to live out his purpose in this life and will only enjoy any ultimate and lasting happiness in the presence of God for eternity.
This understanding of life coincides with the Westminster Shorter Catechism Question 1:
Q – What is the chief end (purpose) of man?
A – Man’s chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever.
By refocusing on our primary purpose for living, we hope Christians can better order their lives and become more effective servants for Christ with the time they are given on this earth. For more on this topic, see the following in-depth articles on our site: God is the Greatest Good The Meaning of Life
4Elect desires to glorify God by deploying our God-given resources the best we can to help Christians live out their purpose in life to also glorify God by becoming more like the Lord Jesus Christ. We understand this to be the essence of godliness – to be transformed into the image of God’s Son (Romans 8:29). To put it more succinctly,
4Elect exists to help you know and love God and live for His glory through the person and work of Jesus Christ and in the power of His Holy Spirit
We hope our ministry, utilizing the technology God has given us, can help advance the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ worldwide.
Statement of Faith & Doctrinal Standards
Our statement of faith is based on the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith which was derived from the principles of the Westminster Confession of Faith, one of the primary Reformed confessions. Read our full statement of faith.
Who We Are
4Elect is primarily the work of James Rosenquist, an Internet entrepreneur and lay minister who desires to unite his online experience with his passion and gifts for word ministry to invest in the building of Christ’s Kingdom the best way he can. Jim holds a Master of Arts in Theological Studies from Reformed Theological Seminary and attends Redemption Church in Spokane, WA. Jim is married to Sara and they have 3 children.